lunedì 12 gennaio 2009

Golden Bruce

E intanto il Golden Globe lo abbiamo portato a casa...



“All right! This is, uh, the only time I’m gonna be in competition with Clint Eastwood, I know that for sure. Felt pretty good, too. *giggles* Anyway, Mickey called me in Ireland and he asked me for, uh, some music, he told me a little bit about the character, he said some people invest themselves in their pain and they turn away from love and the things that strengthen and nurture their lives. He said this was a guy that didn’t figure, hadn’t figured that out. So I said well, I know a couple of those guys. And so, the song. So uh, first and foremost I’d like to thank Mickey. Without the call I wouldn’t have written the song. Without his inspiration. Thank you brother, for a beautiful performance, thank you. Thanks for thinking of me. Um, like to thank Darren and all the folks involved with the film for letting me be a small part of their picture, thank you. Uh, love to my strong and lovely wife Patti, and hello to Evan, Jess, and Sam at home. Happy birthday Big Man, Clarence Clemons!”
B. Springsteen

9 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

Una canzone spelendida e un giusto premio. Adesso speriamo bene per l'album che ha una coperina brutta e fino ad oggi un pezzo bello e uno brutto (secondo me). no surrender - come sempre.

Spino ha detto...

del nuovo album ne ho sentite 3 e quella che mi convince di più è life itself... vedremo.

Maurizio Pratelli ha detto...

Che fotone lassù, bellissima.

Spino ha detto...

eh eh era già comparsa un po' di tempo fà

Rosalita Come Out Tonight! ha detto...

Ciao, passavo qua di caso scuriosando e sono rimasto allibito: tutti quei concerti... tanta bella musica... gran bel Blog...
passerò ancora.
ciao Luka

Anonimo ha detto...

la canzone merita davvero.
Sull'album io rimango ottimista, cioè si tratta sempre di Bruce...
Zoost.

ps. diciamolo: keith è in assoluto il chitarrista più figo della storia.

Spino ha detto...

Ciao Luka grazie e benvenuto.

Vabbè Zoost Keith è inarrivabile

Unknown ha detto...

Pija e porta a casa Bruce!

Anonimo ha detto...

Happy birthday Big Man, Clarence Clemons!

Ecco, lì è stato davvero il Boss di sempre, straordinario!

THE WRESTLER cmq non è nella tracklist ufficiale di WOAD (figura come bonus track, una scelta assurda).

Anyway, speriamo anche per l'Oscar (a entrambi)